I just ran into this same problem. While I see that the C+A+F1-4 keys will
work log in as root, it is inconvenient to not be able to browse through X.

If there is no work around to be able to log in as root via X and use X,
would anybody know what setting I choose in InteractiveBastille to revert
this security feature?