-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Paul Cox
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 11:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] mp3 encoder missing???

On Monday, Aug 13, 2001, Jose M. Sanchez wrote:

> What about WinAmp's plugin which is not Franhoffer based nor has
> royalties associated with it?

The plugin that comes with WinAmp is a decoder, not an encoder.  They
don't mind you listening to an .mp3, it's creating one that's the
problem.  There is an .mp3 encoder plugin for WinAmp, but from the
readme.txt that comes with it:

--
Paul Cox <paul at coxcentral dot com>
Kernel: 2.4.7-8mdk  -  Uptime: 1 day 13 hours 12 minutes.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com