It was Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:59:28 -0700 when Kirby Urner wrote:

>I have two CDs on ide1.  Set cdplayer to look at /mnt/cdrom2.  When I
>play a music cd, the volume is incredibly faint.  HardDrake found the
>ISA Ensoniq and played the 8-bit sound test (dunno about getting MIDI
>up yet -- works in WinME).  What I'm not finding is a global volume
>control in any of the config tools.

Try kmix, if even from an xterm prompt. Or aumix, if kmix is not there.
Paul

--
Steve Balmer, CEO of Microsoft, referred to LINUX as a cancer.
Unsurprisingly, that's incorrect; LINUX was released on August 25th,

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
         Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.5.3

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com