I sent this a few days ago and it never showed up. Then some other things I
sent showed up two days after. I think the list server might be a bit bogged
down.

Anyway, I want to recompile my kernel for some things vmware wants (rtc and
making parallel port support a module). The problem is I can't find the
source for my kernel anywhere. I don't have a /usr/src/linux directory, and
searching all over my computer turned up nothing. Is it the default of
mandrake 8.0 to not include the source for the kernel?

So I thought I'd just download the source for a new kernel and compile that.
But some things I read indicated this could cause problems for any programs
I have that were compiled with a specific kernel in mind.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I try a new kernel and hope for the
best? How can I know if any of my programs depend on my current kernel? Is
it possible to get the exact source to the kernel I currently have?

Thanks,
Matt

btw, vmware is awesome :)