Dear W.C. Baker:

You are right. To connect to the Internet you need to click on the Mandrake
Software Manager icon, Network and Internet, Connection. Don't touch the
Internet Sharing button unless youa re connecting two computers. The
Connection interface is quite confusing. Use the Configure wizard at the
bottom right. I hope LM 8.1 will feature a more streamlined, accessible
interface for all this.

Benjamin

On Wednesday 22 August 2001 18:50, you wrote:
> Hi!   I very recently installed Mandrake 8.0.   The "internet" desktop icon
> in KDE (and I think, in Gnome, too) does not give me a button to connect &
> disconnect to Internet. . .   I'm wondering how I can go about
> troubleshooting this problem.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -warren

Sher's Russian Web