Thanks heaps Benjamin!    It all got cleared up.   I found out that Linux
was just responding to the fact that somehow I had misconfigured, and I
didn't have access to the Internet, so it wouldn't let me use the
connect/disconnect facility.  I don't know what I changed, but I've managed
to get things reconfigured and now Linux will let me have access to the
relevant tools.   One of my problems is not realizing that Linux is
intelligent enough to know what I should be using under what circumstances.

By the way, I just used VNC for the first time and that was a Peak
Experience.  Amazing stuff, and I'm just scratching the surface. . .  wow!

Cheers to all!

-warren

> Dear W.C. Baker:
>
> You are right. To connect to the Internet you need to click on the
Mandrake

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com