chris swain wrote:

> If linux has many christian influences.  What religion is microsoft?

I think Linux is diverse in it's religious influences, not specifically
Christian. MS is probably in danger of worshipping the false God, Mamon
(Money).

16:9 And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by how you use worldly
wealth, so that when it runs out you will be welcomed into the eternal
homes. 16:10 "The one who is faithful in a very little is also faithful
in much, and the one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest
in much. 16:11 If then you haven't been trustworthy in handling worldly
wealth, who will entrust you with the true riches? 16:12 And if you
haven't been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you
your own

Linus Torvalds certainly made himself a lot of friends by sharing his
code with the world, instead of being greedy. Yes I have heard that he
is an atheist, but that is irrelevant. Ghandi was not a Christian
either, but he exhibited many Christlike characteristics. Those
qualities are inherent in our inner man. The lust for money (power) is
inherent in our carnal nature.

ShalomOut
  Chal
Elder PCUSA
Registered Linux user # 217118

Some men rob you with a six-gun -- others with a fountain pen.
                -- Woodie Guthrie

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com