On Friday 24 August 2001 16:14, Robert MacLean wrote:

> isn't mac os x, based on unix?
> and doesn't that mean with a but of modifying (a very small bit) the
> stuff written for it should work on linux?

OS X uses a proprietary display system. I imagine that rewriting apps that
use it for X Window would be non-trivial. Possible, but not easy.

> or atleast the mac os x gui should work, and thus apps for the gui
> should work.

It won't work without major recompiling, and for that you'd need Apple to
release the source.  And before that Adobe would have to release the source
to the PDF-based display system  ...

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm