On Monday 27 August 2001 21:11, brown1302 wrote:
> WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH LINUX NEWBIE PROBLEMS!!!!!!  THERE ARE OTHER
> VENUES FOR THIS CRAP>

Ummm, there is a sense of community on this list.  The folks who like to criticize
each other have
many homes on the internet, but this is one of the places where we can and do afford
to provide
a pleasant experience most of the time as well as help a few people solve problems and
learn a
little more about their computers and Operating Systems.

Ronald J. Hall has been here a while and has provided a lot of help on this and some
other lists and
has functioned as one of the guinea pigs for our latest and greatest (which is
sometimes great at
corrupting files and such).  I suppose this could have been given an OT banner for the
folks who
pay for every message they read, but other than that, it does further this sense of
community.

If you want to call this "crap" and yell in all caps on this list as a regular
practice, then my email burden
will increase as people will be asking how to set up filters for your posts.  This is
not a threat or a
warning or a yellow card, just a statement of fact.  Keep the list a pleasant place to
be, and make
criticisms in a civil manner or people will most likely ignore you, leaving you with a
linux manual
for company when you actually need help.

Civileme

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com