Hi Peoples,

I normally wouldn't comment on this, but I felt obliged to this time..

This mailing list is great for what it is, a DISCUSSION forum for linux (in
particular, Mandrake Linux)

Infer from that what you will, however, I don't see anything anywhere that
states we must not talk about non tech issues..

We are an online community, and I sort of consider many of you friends in an
online sort of way :-)

we have similiar interests, (wouln't  be here otherwise) and often we are
able to help each other out..

I like seeing the occasional post about issues that don't relate to problems
tech wise, and I think discussions on the direction of linux in general very
important considering its opposition, a concerted front is a good thing..

Also, if linux is to make it mainstream, then the last thing we need to
broadcast, is the kind of posts that you put up, that is basically telling
newbies that you are not interested in anything that they have to say, which
is sad because they are newbies for the most part, that means they don't
have anything else to say except to ask questions...

Deal with it, if you want a "more straight down the line" mailing list, join
Redhat (and get flamed down for the simplest of questions.), or the
developer list.

I for one welcome the newbies comments as only a newbie can tell you how to
make something easy and intuitative. an expert is usually to familiar with
the code to know if its easy or hard for a newbie..

In relation to this specific message, I didn't even know there was a "Linux
Lunacy 7 day cruise" so I learned somthing from it... and he has my congrats
also on the marrage... (have you ever read a "feel good" story?  )

Get a life, like anything in life, this is creavet emptor, Buyer beware...
if you don't like the message, delete them... its really much easier then
you think, in fact its easier and with less keystrokes then the message you
wrote back.

also, anyone who would begrudge a person announcing their marrage and then
post back calling it "crap" is a very self involved individual.
You obviously spend to much time in front of your PC, go outside, in the
sunshine, smile at someone, pat a dog, take deep breaths... whatever does it
for you, but for gods sake, relax... you'll live longer.

Linux needs helpful, supportive, cooperating people in its corner.
Not selfish pontificating assholes....(I am not saying you are one of these,
just that your last post paints you that way.)

having said that, "thankyou for your post" I am sure you will get floods of
people happy to help you out the next time you have a problem. :-)

rgds

Frank