On Tuesday 28 August 2001 02:46, you wrote:
> The T-Bird has more level 1 and level 2 cache than the Duron.
> Otherwise they are exactly the same. But because of the extra cache
> (espcially the level 1) the CPU does go a lot faster.
>

> Robert MacLean

Also, from what I have read the Athlon is easier to keep cool due to a bit
more mm of surface area.  I.E. less chance of cooking it. Todays prices
don't see a lot of difference in the two  so I would go with the Athlon. I
have a 900 mhz Duron by the way, and no problems. Fast as a Ferrari.  Only
know their coming out with rocket power, 2ghz????   Next we'll hear " I'm
sorry Dave, humans are just too slow and therefor superflous. Goodby"  :  0
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com