I *believe* that tiny firewall is native to mandrake. (i could be very wrong
here) But, if you want a very in depth Firewall setup I would recommend
interactive Bastille. It will take about a half hour to set up. Every
question-setting is accompanied with a detailed explaination and allows for
granular control over your firewall setup.

I found it was fairly intuitive to set mine up, but I could defnately see
where some might not know what to do with some of the settings. Again, there
is very good documentation accompanying each setting.

On Thursday 30 August 2001 09:51, you wrote:
> howdi
>
> is there a better config program for tiny firewall than the one in
> mandrake setup thing (the purple computer icon) - i'm away from my
> machine now and can't remember it's name - I need to allow ports for
> network gaming (eg Quake 3 and UT) to be opened, but I want to close
> things like FTP, SMTP, POP etc...
>
> Thanks
> Robert

Jennifer
#221463
Yahoo IM: jlynn2k
*/Please don't feed the screaming idiots
#include <wisdom.h>
void ignorance (it offers no value)