I should have reread your info below when I was ready to start the install.
I did do the file limits and ended up with the su problem but I found the
limits file and remarked out the appropriate line. I had another problem in
that after the install of bastille, I started the firewall from the command
line and the firewall worked better than the tiny firewall but I still have
UDP ports closed (not blocked) and some UDP ports are wide open. Another
problem occured after rebooting that caused me to not be able to surf the
web. It seems that my DNS entries for my ISP's servers were preventing me
from going anywhere. Strange problem since the internet connection was
working with that config prior to  rebooting. Don't know if I want to
reboot and auto start bastille again and end up with more problems (too
many other projects to do).