Yeah... see Windows provides a little bit of morality to your life.
Since it's merely a vessel for porn, it crashes on you to let you know
you're doing something you shouldn't be doing! lol

Borders was a family owned business, and family run for the most part
until it really started to take off, and then was sold to KMart.  They
were based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Store #1 is still downtown.
The Borders family has always been very nice, and very pleasant, and
involved in the community.

Here, in Ann Arbor, going to Borders is supporting the community.  Yes
there are other "Mom & Pop" bookstores, as there's "Mom & Pop"
everything here, but Borders started out as that, and just managed to
expand to such a large corporation.

I've worked contracts for Borders, and as a corporation, they're just
as unorganized as anybody else, but they have some very good people
working at the stores all over the place.  I've talked some of these
people, and can attest that personally.

Meanwhile the whole issue of non-union workers is a whole other debate,
that's more a personal view point at this time.  But not only are
punishing publishers, writers, you're punishing the "Mom & Pop" stores
as well.  Shoplifting is a huge reasons for markups.  The publisher
lose money, so then the writers lose out.  Then they mark the books up
more so they can make up for money lost.

Not to mention the people that work in these stores becaue they're 16
and can't find anything else.  The people that don't have a problem with
making $8, and are glad they're getting that much, and they're not
working in a fast food envirenment.

There are other, more effective ways of tackling this issue of yours.
But just as you have your own beliefs, you have your own methods of
addressing them.
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
  1:02pm  up 14 days, 18:47,  7 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00