I have used Reiser on several systems now, all of them are running
flawlessly, one as a web/mail server one as a DNS server (BIND)

and a couple of firewalls, uptimes on all of them are over 1month, some are
closer to three months, all have been tested with hard resets to see how
reiserfs coped with it,,

1. we NEVER suffered any data corruption or loss from reiserfs
2. It recovered very cleanly in all cases of hard resets on a variety of
diffent hardware (everything from 166mmx to 1.2gig Athlon...)

I am not sure I would use Reiserfs on mdk8 becaues I have heard bad stories
about it on this list...  (also not use if NFS is involved.)

but I can say that I have never had a problem at all with MDK 7.2 and
reiserfs.....

I have not adopted Mandrake 8 as I didn't want to swap to iptables and stuff
until I am sure they were sure they were stable...and I like to way for a
second edition of a new version like 8 before I adopt it... so I am still on
7.2 and loving it...

just wish we had more choice in the latest packages ....

Thats my thoughts for the day.. :-)

rgds

Frank