On Friday 31 August 2001 06:31 pm, Siavash Sefidvash escribió:
> Few days ago I sent out a long message regarding first time
> installation woes. Amit and Dennis were kind enough to respond but
> alas their suggestions has not solved the problems. So I will split
> the issues into byte sizes in order to encourage more suggestions.

    Good idea, often one question per topic (post) is the best.

> Since installing Linux 8 I have lost my triple windows boot. I.e.
> Win2K Pro, Server and Win98.
> Can anyone think of the command for installing & uninstalling LILO???

    lilo -u [device-name]

  BUT, if there's any problems, boot windoze, and from a DOS prompt try
'fdisk /mbr'  to clear the master boot record.

> I have already booted into Mandrake boot disk. Selected F1 at main
> menu. Typed rescue. At the [root@rescue /]#  I typed LILO -U when
> this did not work I tried the lower case -u. Still did not work. Can
> anyone help?

   Tho I've never needed to do it, I suspect you didn't include the
device name, ie,   (usually)    lilo -u /dev/hda       and it is case
sensitive, so use lower case.
--
        Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay