At 11:56 AM 9/2/01, you wrote:
LURKER, here,

Be careful what you say about NEWBY, we all represent that, even you. BAG!
=|;-)>  Most of us have NOT either, before LINUX.  It is easier than WinBlow$.

>Talk about newbies and I'm there - I have never even run a unix based system
>before last week !!
<snip>
As for your MDM, in WinBlows you use "PNP", within Linux turn it "OFF" in
the BIOS.  I have a USR that I was told is a WinMDM, I do NOT think so, it
NOW works just fine.  That is the full extent of my Knowledge of Linux.

>  now my modem doen't seem to work. Do I need to install it or
>will linus recognize it automatically. If installation is required, please
>let me know what file to use and where I could find it.
>
>Also, just in case, my modem is Motorola sm56 - is this a winmodem ? if so,
>that explains the problem !!
>
>Thankx

TIA,
'd'