On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:35:17 +1200
skinky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:

> I use kppp in KDE and it works fine, however I can't for the life of me
> get Gnome ppp (in Gnome) to work - I always get the error message "the
> pppdaemon has died unexpectedly".  Gave up on that one weeks ago and is
> the only reason I don't use Gnome.  Good luck.
You can use kppp from inside of Gnome, or just about any other wm
(assuming you have KDE on your system).  I access it from Enlightenment,
Windowmaker, Blackbox, among others, including gnome.
Mike

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal
lobotomy."