Hello Mark,

Monday, September 03, 2001, 9:05:24 AM, you wrote:

MW> Colin,

MW> If you open Mandrake's control center you'll be able to configure your
MW> firewall in there. Mdk 8.0 comes with iptables and there are two way to
MW> configure your firewall already on your machine. You have both "tiny
MW> firewall" and Bastille firewall. Mandrake Control Center uses tiny
MW> firewall by default. Which is ok cause iptables is an excellent packet
MW> filter.

I did configure the firewall from Mandrake control center, but that
stopped all local network access (printing, logon etc).
I came to the conclusion that it is not possible to run a firewall on
the same box that is used for logon, print sharing..... or is there
something i'm missing?

Colin Jenkins
ICQ: 650611   registered linux user 223862
Politics. From the greek poly, meaning many, and ticks, a small, annoying bloodsucker.