On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:10, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Since this Gnome thing is relatively new to me could you clue me in a
> little as to what exactly this "anti-aliasing" thing is all about?

Anti-aliasing is a technique where the jagged edges of shapes are slightly
blurred to make them look smooth. An anti-aliased desktop will have
smooth-looking fonts, which are easier on the eyes. FOr more information,
take a look here:

        http://www.grafx-design.com/02gen.html

XFree 4.x has this feature, and it is officially supported in the QT toolkit
(and hence in KDE). GTK+ 1.2 does not yet have official support (that'll come
in GTK 2.0), but you can add support to most apps by looking here:

        http://mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=1142

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson