I've had the same problem as well. But today for some reason the "Find
archive list" worked and I am able to update a couple of packages at a time.

I have found that it does quit for some unknown reason.

It has been my experience that if the "path" settings aren't exactly as it
expects it just drops that source from the list. Not sure why...or how to
fix it.

If I find something more I'll let you know.