This happens to me all the time, but I am finnaly going to put the question
to you guys no matter how embarassing it is.

When I'm using bash, I sometimes hit the ' (comma) key instead of enter and
then get brought into a loop I can't get out of. I imagine this is some sort
of feature that would allow you to enter extra long command sequences but the
<enter> key does not activate the command, nor can I find anyway to get out
of the loop.  (or shall i say in the loop because I don't have a clue
<smiles>  All i get is the >  charactor no matter what monkey business I try
with the key bored.

With humble humilty,

jen
--