        From:   jennifer [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Thursday, September 06, 2001 1:24 AM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        [newbie] simple command line question

        This happens to me all the time, but I am finnaly going to put the
question
        to you guys no matter how embarassing it is.

        When I'm using bash, I sometimes hit the ' (comma) key instead of
enter and
        then get brought into a loop I can't get out of. I imagine this is
some sort
        of feature that would allow you to enter extra long command
sequences but the
        <enter> key does not activate the command, nor can I find anyway to
get out
        of the loop.  (or shall i say in the loop because I don't have a
clue
        <smiles>  All i get is the >  charactor no matter what monkey
business I try
        with the key bored.

        With humble humilty,

        jen
        --
        Jennifer
        #221463

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200