Hi

I downloaded and tried the new drivers last night, as well as the very
impressive PDF file that is now available.
My System (for reference I 'm only listing things related to the speed
of graphics):
AMD k6-2 550Mhz
384Megs of Ram
Fujistu 14 Gig HDD
GA-5AA (Gigabyte ALI) Mobo
Geforce 2 MX

I'm using the out the box Mandrake 8 kernel.
Install of the drivers was fine.
I used Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament, Reflect, Gears, Morph and
glTron before and after the upgrade as tests and they all worked fine.
I used Gears to do a small before and after bench mark as well.
Before (12.41 Version Drivers) (FPS are taken in 5 second groups for
the first 15 seconds)
642.5 FPS
779.4 FPS
857.0 FPS.
Which gives you an average of 759.6 FPS over the 15 seconds.
After (15.12)
709.8 FPS
889.2 FPS
878.8 FPS
Which gives you an average of 825.93 FPS over the 15 seconds.

That means there is a 66.33 FPS increase between the different
versions.

There are also 2 new features that I found that I really liked.
First there is now support for a hardware cursor shadow, I tried to
get a screen shot of  but northing takes screen shots of cursors,
which looks really good. It takes time to get use to it.
The other feature is now the ability to get your refresh rates
straight from your monitors EDID, instead of the XFConfig-4 file.Which
means you should not have refresh rate problems anymore, or problems
with going into a resolution that your monitor doesn't support.

On the whole it is worth the upgrade ;)

Robert MacLean