-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mark Johnson
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 3:33 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [newbie] KDE/Gnome

I don't know of any comparisons between KDE and GNOME.  On the surface KDE
is more Windows like and GNOME is more Mac like, but it's only cosmetic.  I
was a KDE user for a long long time, but I downloaded the Ximian desktop and
it's really nice, I've completely switched.  Both (K/G) are highly
configurable and the Ximian desktop can be configured to look more Windows
like or more Mac like...