I too recently dl'ed ximian and went with it over kde. Its a bit quicker IMHO. I could
never get kde apps to comile on my system so I was laways using gnome apps (gcdmaster,
sylpheed, pan, gcombust, zapping....). Nautilius could be quicker, I miss konqueror (i
know i could run in gnome) and kpackage, but ill get over. BUT (and this is the take
home message) I get to chose, not some geek in washington