>Thats a very uninformed opinion you are offering. Did you not see any
>of the reports about how much it would cost to train people to fly
>those airplanes? Real flight simulators cost major, major bucks, and
>it costs about 50k to send someone to a school that has one.

I wish it was uninformed.... but it's not. I think the discovery of the
flight manuals in the car
found at the airport illustrates how basic the knowledge they had was.
It dosen't cost much to learn to fly a basic plane. Sure, if you want to
become a fully fledged pilot for a commercial airline it takes thousands of
hours flight time and thousands of dollars.
But if you simply need to know the basics a few lessons at your local school
and a couple of hundred dollars would suffice. Believe me keeping a 767 in
the air and doing basic guidance isn't much different to doing it in a
Cessna. i.e. Pointing it at something and crashing it is easy.
Landing it safely and following all the charts and guidelines is more
difficult.

Anyway I don't think they knew much about aviation....
I know commercial pilots are trained to do what hijackers want to keep
situations calm and under control. I imagine the jackers asked them to fly
down the coast and once near NY I suspect they removed the pilots and guided
the aircraft themselves. I think this partly because of the third and fourth
aircrafts didn't do the damage they potentially could have done.

>Based on evidence? Thats lip service, no more, designed solely to keep
>Afghanistan out of the line of fire. I'm not saying we should bomb
>them or anything, but I certainly don't believe a word of what the
>Taleban has to say. Call me a knee-jerk Yank if you will...

I'm not taking your right to be angry away..... go on be angry.... everyones
angry. Most of the world infact.
I don't think US citizens know quite how Upset, Shocked and Angry people in
other parts of the world are. We're f**ing fuming!
Just remember the world is watching and pretty much everyone has condemned
this act. If the US gov acts too hastily it will lose some of that support.
Imagine what could be done with 80%+ of the worlds governments on it's side.
That's enough to turn lip service into action.... even if the Taleban had no
intention of handing bin laden over. Simply blowing up some afgans up
innocent or not
will just draw more people to bin laden's cause.... and reaffirm some
Islamic peoples beliefs that the western world hate and despise them.

Anyway I'm finished that's my last word..... back to ontopic.