hi, ever since I upgraded to Mandrake 7.2 I noticed the increase use of
buffering under KDE, but when I do open a new program such as netscape I
eventually ran out of memory and need to use disk swap - which the buffer
really doesn't help... could anyone help me on how to disable the memory
buffering under KDE?

My other question is that I tend to use disk defragmenter under windows,
but after I switch over I realize I couldn't find anything like it under
KDE... could anyone also help me how to run defragmenter with Mandrake?

Thanks
Eric