I am not sure where I did wrong... I usually use customized install option
choosing developement settings.  I let it install with most of the
packages except games at the package selection prompt.  At the video
settings I choose the normal 16 color with 600 * 800 without 3D
acceleration.

I changed the file system and operating system option in the bios from
windows 2000/Me to Others.   And I have windowsMe on the first partition
and ext on the second.  I didn't put /boot so installed bootloader in MBR.

I have two IDE one for CDROM and one for my Hardisk, and 128 - 2 mb ram (2
usually for the video card).  I use the KDE -> Information -> Memory to
tell how much memory I have.  It usually takes about 30mb for buffer and
leaves about 2 ~ 3 mb free.

Would it take less memory if I try to disable some of the startup
services?

Thanks
Eric