On Wednesday 12 September 2001 19:53, you wrote:
> I was asking myself if programmers that are work on Mandrake were
> using original kernels( kernel.org) or modify them in some way?
>
> Another question is: is there a file that holds all the options
> and modules used to build a kernel so it's possible to replicate
> the compilation of another one with the same parameters?
>

>       Ragno "The Spider" Stefano.

Well, try diffing kernel-linus-2.4.3-2mdk (the stock thing) with
kernel-2.4.3-20mdk  You will find plenty of differences.  What they mean is

sound
supermount--the first rewrite for kernel2.4--did not work as well as we
wanted.
reiserfs
better usb support
lm_sensors (for computer health monitoring)
full UDF filesystem support (read-only) for data DVDs

Of course kernel-enterprise will diff somewhat differently, since it supports
memory size huge and multiprocessors and kernel-SMP will again show a
different pattern, because it does not support the huge memory but does
support multiprocessors.

So you have lots of options and lots f patches.  If I recall correctly it is
like 120 patches