Nelson Bartley wrote:

>Civilme, this brings me to a new question,
>
>Does the DraX installer use a 2.4 kernel to perform the install?
>

>if so, what revision is it?
>
>NB
>
>On Fri, 2001-12-28 at 13:14, tester wrote:
>
>>Someone writes in another subject's post...
>>

>>      I hope you get it all worked out before you get tired of trying.  Another
>>question:  My box (Mandrake Linux 8.1 Powerpack) says I have kernels 2.4.8
>>and 2.2.19.  But when I installed (over and over) I never saw a place for
>>choosing kernels.  It seems I have 2.4.8.26 installed automatically?
>>

>>Well, you use expert mode and individual package selection and find trhe
>>little symbol at the bottom of the screen that looks like recycling but
>>with two blue arrows to toggle from the mostly useless tree view to the
>>flat view and then scroll down to the k's and pick kernel22 to be installed.
>>
>>Then when bootloader time rolls around, you can make the kernel22 boot
>>the default or even delete the kernel 2.4 boots if you like.
>>
>>If you have a box that just doesn't like kernel 2.4 to begin with boot
>>from the _second_ CD and you can use kernel22 as your install kernel as
>>well.
>>
>>Civileme
>>

>>----
>>

>>Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
>>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

We issue the software with one version of the kernel to run and the same
version to install (but in a special configuration with the drivers
likely to be needed)  For example, you probably won't be installing from
CDs attached to a sound card with a 34 or 40 pin cable proprietary
interface any more, so we removed those drivers to make space fo r the
things you most often use.  Remember the install kernel and its modules
_must_ fit a 1.44 floppy, and run framebuffer or VGA-style X

Civileme