Hi,

sounds to me like there is probably an auction at eBay selling an ISA USR
V.Everything, being sold by a guy named Dean (wink) :P

Seriously though, with Win98, pretty much ANY modem will do, and if you
want to use the same modem when dual booting with LM8, you definitely do
NOT need to spend anywhere NEAR USD$170 - USD$250.  Just find ANY decent
(i.e. NOT winmodem) well-known (i.e. 3com/USR/etc.) PCI modem (easier
time with PCI than with ISA/EISA), many of which you can get for WELL
UNDER USD$100 (and if you are looking for used items on eBay, then you can
probably find a beaut for approx usd$25).

Thats just MY USD$0.02...

 David Charles