On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:38:47 +0100
ai4a <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:

> I am running LM 7.2 with netscape (the one that comes with LM 7.2). I
> have been running this version for about 10 months.
>
> For the last 2 months I have been having trouble connecting to internet
> sites. Before the trouble started, everything worked AOK for about 8
> months! I can connect to my ISP OK. I just cannot connect to internet
> sites. Some sites I can connect to & some I cannot. The problem started
> out where I could not connect to internet sites using windows or linux.
> Now the ISP has gotten Windows working ok, but linux still will not
> work. Sometimes I cannot access any internet sites, and sometimes I can
> access some sites but not most sites.
>
> At the moment I can access the following:
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com
> www.google.com
>
> I cannot access:
> www.nytimes.com
> www.cnnfn.com
> http://investing.schwab.com
> www.schwab.com
>
> My ISP tells me the problem must be mine (because I use linux, which
> they cannot even spell). They say I am the only one having problems. I
> am probably the only linux user they have (it is a small world where I
> live).
========================
Here's a guess.  Because you had the problem originally with both OS, I
think your ISP may have changed the DNS.  Ask them to give you two dns#'s
and compare them to what you have in /etc/resolv.conf  If they're
different, edit /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the one's your ISP provided
you with.  You MUST do this either su or logged in as root.
HTH,
Mike

--
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
--Benjamin Franklin