On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:50:50 +0100
ai4a <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:

> Thanks Michael. Yes my ISP had changed their DNS. They gave me the new
> DNS numbers to put into windo$es which fixed windo$es. I put the same
> numbers into KPPP. That helped for a while and then I could not get it
> to work anymore.
>
> I checked my /etc/resolv.conf file and it had about 100 entries for the
> old DNS and a pair for the new DNS. I made a copy of the original & then
> delete all the old entries. Now linux is working again. How do you
> people figure this out!!! It must be a terrible burden to be that
> knowledgeable!!!  Many many thanks Michael.
>
> Have a nice day
> Charles
Please don't give me too much credit.  Actually /etc/resolv.conf is a
fairly simple file.  If edited properly, you need not even add the dns#'s
to kppp.  Once on line, in the absence of other info, the domain and dns
lines in resolv.conf take it from there.
        Glad it worked out for you!!
        Take Care,
        Michael

--
"No one man, however brilliant or well-informed, can come in
one lifetime to such a fullness of understanding as to safely