I got to the list too late!  (See what happens when you actually work
for an hour! :0)

I've had this happen to be before with other settings.  Where I'd try
and change the settings with a GUI, and instead of overwritting the
settings, it just kept adding to them!

In a lot of cases, what happens, is it will actually try the first
server, then the second, then the third, and so on.  But the page times
out before it finds the correct DNS.

In your case, I think it's KPPP that's adding all these additions to
your /etc/resolv.conf.

One suggestion I'd keep, is find another set of DNS servers, and keep
them handy.  Just to test with.  I used to work at an ISP, and I use
those from time to time just to test.

NIC.ic.net      internet address = 152.160.1.1
IUNET.ic.net    internet address = 152.160.1.3
NOC.ic.net      internet address = 207.40.105.33

I use those from time to time, for testing purposes and to make sure I
have access to certain parts of the outside world.

But after a while you're start to recognize things, of "Hey, that means
there's something wrong with...." and you'll start coming up with
answers like these.  It's more about trial and error then it is
experience! :0)
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
 12:14pm  up 3 days, 19:51,  7 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00