PENA FAMILY wrote:

> Just finished building my Linux box a few days ago. I took an old 4Gb
> Quantum Fireball which suddenly Linux doesn't recognize and keeps
> asking me for SCSI drivers and gives me a list to pick from.
>
> Nevertheless, I just want to turn this 4Gig drive as extension for raw
> data such as photos and music. I have manuals with jumper settings for
> another harddrive, but I wanted to ask if anyone knew if jumper
> settings are standard among all harddrive makers or specific  to each
> manufacturer.

jumpering varies by manufacturer and may vary within models by same
manufacturer.

there are/maybe _similiar_ jumpers between 'maufacturers', tho this is
usually when same _oem_ makes drives for different 'brands'.

what is _model_ number of quantum drive? have you check quantum site
for jumpering?

tc,hago.

.