Just finished building my Linux box a few days ago. I took an old 4Gb
Quantum Fireball which suddenly Linux doesn't recognize and keeps asking me
for SCSI drivers and gives me a list to pick from.

Nevertheless, I just want to turn this 4Gig drive as extension for raw data
such as photos and music. I have manuals with jumper settings for another
harddrive, but I wanted to ask if anyone knew if jumper settings are
standard among all harddrive makers or specific  to each manufacturer.

Thanks in advance.