On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:24:04 -0700 (PDT)
Mark Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I plan to buy an external Zip Drive within the next
> few days, to use with several machines -- including
> my LM7.2 box.
>
> Any reason I should choose USB over parallel port, or
> vice-versa?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Yes.
Get a USB and leave your pp for a printer.
USB Zips have been supported since 7.1.
They are easy to set-up and use and with hotplug they can be swapped
between systems on the fly.

My 1st Zip was a pp, this was years ago in my Win only days.
I tried to diasy chain a pp Printer to the drive and both gave me nothing
but problems.
I gave that drive away and have been using USB since with no thought of
regression.

   Charles