On Monday 13 November 2000 16:38, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a dell inspiron 3700 pIII 450mhz, I installed ver 7.2 and everything
> worked fine.  When I installed linux I had my usb iomega zip drive
> installed. During the installation the os found the zip drive, and
> installed the folder in the mount folder.  But when I go to it, it has a
> lock on it.  I went into gtkzip, and it shows the zip drive as having a
> scsi connection.  Even though it found it as a usb drive during install.
>
> When the computer boots up, it loads the usb stuff fine, with no errors.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

do the following as root

1) create a symlink between /dev/sda4 and /dev/zip

ln -s /dev/sda4 /dev/zip

2) make a mount directory
mkdir /mnt/zip

3) add the following line to /etc/fstab
/dev/zip    /mnt/zip    auto      user,noauto,nosuid,nodev 0 0

4) add the following lines into /etc/modules
#
# usb stuff
#
usbcore
usb-uhci
usb-storage

As a user, change create an icon on your desktop for the zip drive
right click on the desktop
select create new -> floppy
change the mounted icon & name on the general tab
select device /dev/zip on the device tab
change the unmounted icon on the device tab
click OK

Prior to first use, you may need to modprobe for usbcore, usb-uhci,
usb-storage as root, if the modules were not loaded at boot time