Ok, so I'm starting to get the hang of this Linux thing.  I'm now running
Postfix to act as my SMTP service to get e-mail out from my machine.  I do
this because I'm using the POP3 account from my home DSL provider and they
don't allow relaying from machines not on there network for SMTP traffic.

Anyway, most mail traffic outbound looks pretty normal, but the headers do
include tags with the hostname of the machine (pengo.xxx.com), which is not
available in any DNS in the world.

I have configured my address and reply-to fields in KMail properly, but
Postfix is still attaching the machine's host name to all of the outbound
messages.  This is causing a problem when I try to subscribe to the
snort-users mailing list as the majordomo at sourceforge keeps trying to
relay to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and kicking my messages back because it can't
reach that e-mail address.  Is there some configuration that I must do to
Postfix/sendmail to get an actual routable address to show up there?

Thanks for any help.

David Johnson
RLU# 236992