>Guess that would help some, huh? :-)
>
>The printer I have configured is a HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS using the
>Mandrake-supplied driver for it.  If I look at the properties for the printer
> in KUPS, there is no driver listed.  It is a network socket printer (damn
>window$ print server won't let me connect to it, so I had to just bypass it
>completely).  If I click on the printer icon on the desktop, and go to
>properties, there is no Advanced tab or button for me to click on.

First set it up as a HP Laserjet series 2. That is also a PCL printer, and
that's quite nicely what you want. I think the advanced stuff there should do
your trick.
Paul

--
This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.6.3
Open Source, Open Minds. Linux.