On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:54:28 +0100, Graham Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Here's a funny thing!
>
> I opened Netscape to get my mail the other day and found my Newbie folder
> which had several hundred messages in it, to be completely empty.
>
> When I downloaded my mail, nothing came down from this mailing list despite
> the fact that there were definitely messages on the server.
>
> On checking the properties of the Newbie folder, I found that the language
> setting had altered itself to Arabic.  I tried to alter it back to a Western
> setiing but it did not close on clicking OK and closing it using the 'x'
> would not retain the altered setting.
>
> Has anyone else encountered and corrected a similar problem?
>
> I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that Netscape 6.1 is a steaming pile of
> pants. For the moment at least, I'm using Kmail.

Mozilla 0.9.5 (the latest at the time of writing) should be able to read your
Netscape mail. Netscape 6.1 is based on Mozilla 0.9.2 (i.e. it's three Mozilla
versions behind).

You may also want to have a look at Sylpheed.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

        "In short, Microsoft is no more able to build secure products
        than England's cricket team is able to withstand the bowling
        of Australia's bowlers."
          -- Leyden, J., "MS firewall is holier than the Pope",
              The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk), 2001-08-20.