Well, I have installed Samba but there are a few problems.

First, after installing Samba, which appeared to go fine, I could not run
SWAT by entering localhost:901 into Konqourer. Localhost was not found. So
I tried logging out and back in. Still no luck. Next, I started Terminal
and su to root and edited the smb.config file. I closed the terminal for
some reason, and when I came back to it I tried to again start a terminal
session. When I su - root and entered my root password, I now get the error
message "File size limit exceeded" and it won't let me become root.

So I logged out of Linux, and logged back in as root. I opened a terminal,
and proceeded to start Samba which looked like it worked. But when I
entered smbclient -L localhost to see the available shares on my system (
instructions from http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/index.html#ss )
it said connection refused.

A couple of nights ago, I installed Bastille. I thought maybe the firewall
was misconfigured and causing a problem. Since I am behind a (comparatively
wimpy) hardware firewall in the form of a NetGear RT314 router anyway, I
decided to just uninstall Bastille. Went to software manager, uninstalled
Bastille, and all seemed to go well. But it did not help the above
problems. I can not su to root and get the "file size limit exceeded" error
when I try, and Samba can not connect to the localhost.

Got to get to bed now, but any suggestions for tomorrow night would be much
appreciated :)

Thanks,

Ron