In fact, both Kmail and Netscape does have a "TO:" field to use to
filter. Maybe you didn't really look that closely, because you
*believed* that it didn't.

But I dun get you when you say there's no "TO:" field. I can see the
"TO:" field for all my emails. Do you mean when it's listing the emails
on top, it only lists the subject, sender, etc of the emails the "TO:"
field is not one of the things they list?

Besides, I would say many people don't need the "TO:" field to decide
whether the email is junk or not. The sender and subject already tells
enough. I usually trash away emails before I arrive at the "TO:" field
anyways.