On Mon, 2001-10-22 at 16:15, Dechao Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in /mnt, I saw that there are cdrom, disk, and floppy, what does disk
> mean here? does it mean flip disk can be accessed?
>
> Dech
>

> ------------=_1003742151-1734-2024
> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Hello,

I was always under the assumption that this was just a nice gesture on
behalf of Mandrake, giving me a nice empty directory to mount
new/unknown partitions or drives on.
Usual practice with me is/was that I started typing: mount /dev/whatever
and suddenly realised I forgot to creat the mount-directorie first.
Duhhhh!....;o)

Harm Bathoorn