Along these lines, running wine for me gives:

[paul@localhost paul]$ wine /mnt/win_c/windows/calc.exe
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
found!
Using closest match instead (United States keyboard layout (phantom key
version)) for scancode mapping.
Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
See documentation/keyboard for more information.

But, it doesn't start the program, it just stays like that for a long
time.  ANybody have similar issues?

-Paul Rodríguez