On Saturday 27 October 2001 18:43, you wrote:
> Joan, I've never been able to get the wine that comes with Mandrake going;
> however, Codeweavers wine has run great for me. You can get it at
> http://www.codeweavers.com. HTH!
>
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Joan Tur wrote:
> > Hallo!
> >
> > Does any of you know how to run a windows program using wine??  I get the
> > following error:
> > -------------
> > [quini@quinipc Starcraft]$ winereal starcraft.exe
> > Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working
> > directory /mnt/win/Archivos de programa/Starcraft; starting in windows
> > directory.
> > winereal: cannot find 'starcraft.exe'
> > [quini@quinipc Starcraft]$
> > ------------
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> peace,
>
> Rog
>
> "The guy was all over the place. I had to swerve a number of times before I
> hit him"

Just thought I'd add my experience with Wine. Be careful!

I used it to access my old Word for Windows 2.0c files using mdk version.
Thank heavens I took their advice about copying the files to a separate
directory - if you get an error, your files will be trashed. I mean trashed
--- as in irrevocably!

Luckily for me, I had been planning to nix my window setup soon. After using
Wine with Ventura 4.11, well --- bye-bye Windows.

I've messed up my W98 config so badly its not worth repairing - not that W98
was worth running in the first place!. (I must add that I knew I shouldn't
have tried VPWin - even in windows it was troublesome).

So, if you want to be a total Linux convert -- maybe Wine's the best way to
go?

More than likely if I had read more on Wine all would have worked well. But
to my understanding, you're courting Windows' instability, no matter how you
dress it up.

Andre

Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion and terrorism.
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/