On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:47:50 -0700, "John Hokanson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Saturday 27 October 2001 09:33 am, you wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:06:09 -0700, "John Hokanson Jr."
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > With these concerns aside, you are probably still better off with
> > an extra Pentium Pro. My guess would be that your kind of board is
> > better optimised for PPro, and that the PII support was included
> > simply to provide an easy upgrade path. Your PII chipset is most
> > likely an early model, like an FX or LX.
>
> I can tell you right now that it's an440FX.
>
> - John

The FX is te earliest PII chipset. I wouldn't use it if I were you.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                "And do you not realize that features never get dropped:
        they just end up increasing the binary size and icache pressure forever?"
                                -- Linus Torvalds