how do I do that? I just installed mandrake 8.1, but don't really have
chance to play with it yet... having exams now...

-----Original Message-----
From: Sridhar Dhanapalan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 02 November 2001 00:52
To: Loke Kit Kai; Mandrake Newbie List
Subject: Re: [newbie] Reiser FS/ext3/Redhat...

For a home system, basically nothing. I use it myself. Just be sure to mount
your partitions with the notail parameter.

However, we are talking about Red Hat, which is a server- and
business-oriented
distro. I don't believe that ReiserFS is the best choice of FS for servers.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"... if you're a basic PC user thinking about buying XP, don't. It's
basically
malware. It harangues you with nagging, fake-friendly reminders to obtain a
Passport and submit to product activation, and treats you like a child when
you
try to do anything heretical, like install a device driver of which it
disapproves." -- Thomas C. Greene, "Win-XP vs Red Hat 7.2", The Register
(http://www.theregister.co.uk), 2001-10-30.