well, if u say it will run with no problems, then I wouldn't change
it...simply because that was my experiment os...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Franki
Sent: 02 November 2001 02:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] Reiser FS/ext3/Redhat...

I have done that before myself with no problems..

but if you want to change it, it should be the same as any other
partition...

make a new partition and format it ext2 or 3, (dunno if it has to be at the
start of the disk or not, but it couldn't hurt)

copy everything from boot into it..

then edit /etc/fstab to point /boot to your new partiton..

reboot..

like I said, I have not done it with boot before, but I did it totally
sucessfully with /var in 8.1
(in my case, /var ran out of space and I needed heaps more, so I added
another drive (three in that system now)
and created /var2 on it.. formated it reiserfs and mounted it and copied
everything from var into it..

then edited fstab to mount that new partition as var and removed the entry
for the old one..

then rebooted and lo and behold,, it worked. I was feeling rather proud of
myself. :-)

rgds

Frank